If you’re a nonprofit organisation, a Google Grant account is an opportunity not to be missed. Google will allocate 10,000 USD (the account works in dollars even if you are in Ireland) for you to use on Adwords EVERY month free of charge. You may want to use the campaigns to give your charity more visibility, gain more donations or more volunteers!
If you’re looking for more information on how Google Adwords works, click here.
To be eligible you must:
- Hold a current valid charity status (CHY number)
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding non-discrimination and donation receipt and use.
- You have a fully functional website that provides details about your non-profit.
Benefits of Google Grant Ads for Nonprofits
- Increase online visibility
- Gain more volunteers
- Increase donations
- Using keywords to highlight your work and raise awareness about different events that you are holding
- Measure and track online donations, video views, downloads, email sign ups, volunteer sign ups
- If you are in Ireland, make sure that you are on the right page to fill out the Google Grant Ad form.
You are not eligible for Google Grant ads if you’re a:
- Governmental entity / organisations
- Hospital and Medical groups
- Schools and childcare centre . Bear in mind Google does have a programme for education here.
- University / Academic institutions
Once your qualified, here’s how to stay qualified:
- Keep your Adwords account active by signing in to your account and making a change at least once every 90 days
- Keep your keywords and ads matching your organisations purposes
- Keep your ads linked to the website domain that Google approved
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Your ads cannot offer financial products (including mortgages or credit cards)
- Keep to the Adwords Best Practices
Tips for your Google Grant Ads
- Create a campaign for each project or goal
- Start with a healthy key word list, don’t start small and wait to expand the list
- Use Keyword Planner to find keyword ideas helping you estimate how they may perform
- Use a mix of short and long-tail keywords
- Test your ad copy
- Direct traffic to specific landing pages unless the information is held on the homepage
- Make sure the information on your landing pages are relevant to your ads, otherwise this can hinder your quality score and conversion rate
- Use all different options to promote your ads (phrase match, broad match and exact match)
- Remove your worst performing ads every month
- Use statistics e.g Marie Keating Foundation:
Examples of Google Grant Ads:
Nonprofit: The ISPCA Keyword: Animal Rescue Career.
Nonprofit: The Marie Keating Foundation Keyword: Skin Cancer and Melanoma
Whether you want to increase the visibility of your non-profit organisation, attain more volunteers or donations, a Google Grant account is an opportunity not to be missed.
Get more traffic for less with our Quality Score management techniques that will get you ahead of your competitors!