We at Combined Media Company Limited (“CMC”) respect your privacy and comply with our obligations under the
- TheData Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
- General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) – Implementation Date 25.05.18
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. When you contact CMC, we need to know your name, email address and query.
This information allows us to understand your query and respond in a meaningful manner. All queries are dealt with by someone from CMC and no third-party is involved. We will not pass your details on, or use it for any other purpose than to respond to your query.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information from visitors to our website:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility or by completing one of our online forms.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes for which we hold your information
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies: a Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for Cookies.
Each website can send its own Cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the Cookies it has already sent to you, not the Cookies sent to you by other sites.
Third party cookies are set on behalf of combinedmedia.ie. These partner cookies don’t collect personal data and would not be able to identify you as an individual customer.
On the whole, cookies are used:
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of websites.
- To enable combinedmedia.ie to collect anonymous information about the browsing activities of our clients for internal analysis.
- To drive combinedmedia.ie marketing activities. For example, third party cookies may be used to show you relevant advertisements on other websites you visit.
- Personal Data:
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about CMC
- To contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us
Any communications submitted online or by email will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those completed by hand in paper form. If any online application forms are included in our website, you will be notified of any additional specific data protection provisions at the time you complete the relevant application form.
CMC and Data Processor
CMC willl engage certain service providers to perform certain services on its behalf which may involve the Processing of Personal Data, for example third parties that assist with distribution of CMC newsletters and emails. To the extent that such Processing is undertaken based on the instructions of CMC and gives rise to a Data Controller and Data Processor relationship, CMC will ensure that such relationship is governed by a contract which includes the data protection provisions prescribed by Data Protection Law.
Security of information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
Non-disclosure to third parties
If personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out of this transfer if you wish.
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
CMC may however provide aggregate statistics about its supporters, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
The accuracy of your information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or which is no longer required.
Users 16 years and under
If you are aged 16 or under, you MUST obtain your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Individual Data Subject Rights
Data Protection Law provides certain rights in favour of data subjects. The rights in question are as follows (the “Data Subject Rights”):
(a) The right of a data subject to receive detailed information on the processing (by virtue of the transparency obligations on the Controller);
(b) The right of access to Personal Data;
(c) The right to rectify or erase Personal Data (right to be forgotten);
(d) The right to restrict Processing;
(e) The right of data portability;
(f) The right of objection; and
(g) The right to object to automated decision making, including profiling, and where CMC relies on its legitimate interests to Process your data (including for marketing purposes).
These Data Subject Rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under Data Protection Law. You may make a request to CMC to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights by contacting CMC on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.
Last updated: 03 May 2018