Social Media Monitoring
What is it?
By definition, Social media monitoring is the active monitoring of social media channels for information about a company or organisation. It allows companies to see where their brand or products are mentioned and measures customer reaction across all social media channels.
How does it work?
Social media monitoring is beneficial to companies in order to understand customer concerns and reactions to products, measure effectiveness of advertising campaigns and is essential for pharmacovigilance.
There are options on social media monitoring systems which we currently use that filter comments for drug-related products, brands, and certain words or phrases as requested. These comments will be automatically hidden without the user knowing. This protects the brand reputation particularly as many of these comments can appear outside of working hours. Users can also be blocked without their knowledge from commenting on the brand channels in order to reduce any reputational damage.
Combined Media currently monitors social media for many of the major pharmaceutical brands. Reporting can be provided daily or as needed in accordance with brand guidelines.
What does it protect your company from?
As social media is always-on this can often create issues for brands that are not consistently monitoring their channels. Brand reputation is protected by providing a monitoring system across your brand’s social media channels to hide comments, report any adverse effects for pharmaceuticals and block any potential confrontational users. We can also provide auto-responses to frequently asked questions by having an approved set of responses agreed in advance.
Types of monitoring systems:
Many systems are used to monitor social media channels – We can provide information and costing on these options such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social etc.
Benefits of Social Media Monitoring:
- Becoming aware of how your brand is perceived to the public
- Protecting your brand reputation
- Reporting any adverse effects from products mentioned
- Improved response rate for customers
- Measuring marketing and communications and how they are engaging with customers
- Assessing what channels are driving the most traffic to your website
What we offer:
- Set up of your social channels to automatically hide comments with certain list of ‘negative’ words or medications
- Monitoring your social channels daily for any negative comments, AE’s or brand mentions
- Hiding comments without the user’s knowledge and blocking users as needed by monitoring your social channels
- Reporting on AE status – can be provided daily or as needed
- Reporting on positive and negative comments if you are running specific ad campaigns to gauge reaction among consumers
- Responding to comments with set guideline responses from your company